OPEN CALL FOR AWARD OF EXCELLENCE
A renowned International Street Theatre Festival Ana Desetnica decided to launch for the third time an open call for the street theatre award urbANA ljubljANA with the goal to encourage the development of engaged and expressive street theatre work created and performed by uprising companies. To achieve this goal Ana Desetnica festival decided to invite 10 such street theatre works and award the best one with the prize of excellence.
Formally organized since 1998, Ana Desetnica festival is an annual festival event organized by the Ana Monró Theatre in Ljubljana, Slovenia. Held at the beginning of summer in Ljubljana and other Slovenian towns, the festival offers its audiences different street art genres by numerous artists coming from all around the world.
In 2017 we celebrated three important jubilees: 35 years of Ana Monró Theatre‘s production, 20 years of Ana Desetnica festival and 10 years of ŠUGLA (School of contemporary performative and street theatre arts). That year we also decided to inaugurate a street theatre award which has resulted as a very encouraging experience for the artists and for the festival. The award is alternately international/national and after a very successful national award this year, in 2019 it will be international again.
Having a long experience in organizing street theatre events, we are aware of the changes occurring in contemporary street arts. Some street theatre genres are disappearing and maybe it is time to invent some new ones.
However, our critical eyes detected a lot of entertainment in the general artistic offer. Our soul misses shows with more courage and self-expression, shows that speak about and to our fast changing and problematic society, engaged performances that we could present to our audiences. These thoughts brought us to the idea to encourage and reward street arts performances that dare to be demanding towards themselves and towards the audiences.
HOST: Ana Desetnica International Street Theatre
WHEN AND WHERE: 3.-6.7.2019 // Slovenia, Ljubljana
THE AWARD: 2.000 EUR in prize money (payed as a part of the fee) and plaquette.
THE JURY: consists of four distinguished members of international street arts professional community and one known member of the local festival audience (to be precised).
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
- Our objective is to select and invite max. 10 professional companies.
- Our wish is to create a friendly atmosphere of work, gathering and exchange of knowledge.
- The proposed show has to have at least one year of existence after premiere.
- We reserve the right not to award the prize if we consider that none of the shows accomplish with our quest.
- We encourage companies with 3 or more performers on the set.
- Each show will be presented at least two times.
- The applying company has to agree with proposed terms and conditions.
- The shows will be part of the general festival program.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER:
- 150 € fee per person per show + hat.
- Travel costs.
- Accommodation, food and technical support during the festival.
- Nice festival atmosphere in the heart of our beautiful city.
- Possibility to perform in other places around Slovenia.
- The application will be opened on 8.1.2019.
- The applicants will be notified of the selection results by 16.4.2019
- DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: 1.4.2019 (Midday)
IF YOU WISH TO PARTICIPATE, FILL IN AN APPLICATION FORM!
- Polona Prosen, Ana Monro Theatre // email@example.com
- Goro Osojnik, Ana Monro Thatre // firstname.lastname@example.org