A renowned International Street Theatre Festival Ana Desetnica is launching an open call for the urbANA ljubljANA 2021 – Award of Excellence with the goal to encourage the development of engaged and expressive street theatre work created and performed by uprising companies.
The submissions for the award open on February 18.
Formally organized since 1998, International Street Theatre Festival Ana Desetnica is an annual festival event organized by the Ana Monro Theatre in Ljubljana, Slovenia. Held at the beginning of summer in Ljubljana and other Slovenian towns, the festival offers its audiences different street art genres by numerous artists coming from all around the world.
Having a long experience in organizing street theatre events, the team of Ana Monro Theatre is aware of the changes occurring in contemporary street arts. We detected a lot of entertainment in the general artistic offer and a disappearance of shows with more courage and self expression – shows that speak about and to our fast changing and problematic society, and engaged performances, which dare to be demanding towards themselves and towards the audiences.
Therefore in 2017, in honor of 20 years of Ana Desetnica festival, we decided to inaugurate a street theatre award of excellence, which is alternately international/national.
HOST Ana Desetnica International Street Theatre Festival
WHEN & WHERE 30.6.-3.7.2021, Ljubljana, Slovenia
THE AWARD 2.000 EUR in prize money (pay as a part of the fee) and the plaquette
- MIRIAM DUNNE, Ireland, Freelance Festivals and Events Programmer and Manager.
- VIDA C. BREN, Slovenia, Street Artist and Director, founding member of the LJUD Group.
- GERT RUDOLPH, Germany, artistic leader of the Von Nord nach West festival and international performer’s agent.
- GORO OSOJNIK, Slovenia, artistic leader of the Ana Monro Theater and Ana Desetnica Festival.
- MEMBER OF THE LOCAL FESTIVAL AUDIENCE, which will be selected by the public call.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Our objective is to select and invite max. 10 professional companies.
- Our wish is to create a friendly atmosphere of work, gathering and exchange of knowledge.
- The proposed show has to be fresh, created between 2018 and 2020. We reserve the right not to award the prize if we consider that none of the shows accomplish with our quest.
- We encourage companies with 3 or more performers on the set. Although the age of applicants is not limited, the shows involving young and/or emerging performers will have priority in the selection process.
- Each show will be presented at least two times.
- The applying company has to agree with proposed terms and conditions.
- The shows will be part of the general festival program.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER
- Modest fee per show + hat.
- Travel costs.
- Accommodation, food and technical support during the festival.
- Nice festival atmosphere in the heart of our beautiful city.
- Possibility to perform in other places around Slovenia.
- The application will be opened on 18.2.2021.
- Deadline for application: 5.5.2021.
- The applicants will be notified of the selection results by 10.5.2021.